[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Coloring of entries on storage device

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Dec 6 07:20:30 EST 2010

Hi,

when I have been working on [1] I found that Sugar 0.82 and >= 0.84
behave differently when coloring the items on a storage device.

In 0.82 when you copied a Journal entry to the device, the entries on
the device did have the color of the creator of the entries. Other files
on the stick were shown in black and white. When you did then insert the
device into another machine you could distinguish the entries on the
device by the color.

As of today, in >= 0.84 all the entries in the device are in the same
color, that of the owner of the Journal it is plugged into.

As the color is an indication of ownership I tend to prefer the way it
was handled in 0.82. Comments, ideas?

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Journal_Entries