[Sugar-devel] Turtle art crystal radio

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 21:48:17 EST 2010

I built a crystal radio as a kid.  As I remember it, you make a
razor-blade diode by laying the razor flat and using the point of a
safety pin as the cat's whisker.  The book I read this in was similar
to this article on "foxhole radios":

http://www.crystalradio.net/crystalplans/xximages/foxholeemergencyradios1.jpg

A telephone receiver would be better for listening to the signal than
trying to use an XO as an amplifier.

James Simmons