[Sugar-devel] Recording time spent on an activity ?

Bastien bastien.guerry at wikimedia.fr
Thu Aug 26 04:23:44 EDT 2010

James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> writes:

> I would not object, if the implementation actually measured interaction
> rather than simply time spent with activity open.

I agree.  But rough time spent could be a first implementation step
toward a complete implementation of time spent + interaction time.

> I don't know of a standard method for defining interaction, but
> keystrokes, touchpad moves, or button presses per minute may be useful.

I guess the best way would be to define interaction on a per-activity
basis.  "Interacting" with Read Etext isn't certainly the same than
interaction with, say, Paint.

Thanks for the quick answer, I hope someone will put a stab on it.

--
 Bastien