[Sugar-devel] Feedback on favourite view ring/spiral for 0.90

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 22:51:23 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Gary C Martin
<garycmartin at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> I'll be out for most of tomorrow morning so just a quick late night email in case it is of help.
>
> I've been testing from 0 to 135 activities in 5 activity increments (have an animation I could upload if needed), and I'd prefer to see the the discrete icon size steps removed (per the original ring codes smooth icon size changes) as the current ring layout does rather 'jump around' as it reaches its max radius (~25-35) and then resizes icons down by a large step, so the ring radius also drops considerably. Once you hit about 40 activities and up, the spiral looks great :)

Maybe I never understood how the original code worked. Once the ring
hits maximum size, I thought the icon size stepped down discretely,
not continuously. I could make a more continuous transition from
Medium size to Standard size and then jump to spiral.

-walter

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs