[Sugar-devel] Feature Freeze exception request: Journal Sort

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Aug 23 04:30:07 EDT 2010

On 08/23/2010 08:59 AM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 01:24, Aleksey Lim<alsroot at member.fsf.org>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Implement sorting in the Journal UI. Also adds support for the two new
>> properties (filesize and ctime).
>>
>> Feature page:
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Journal_Sort
>
> Hi,
>
> is there anything we could have done so this feature doesn't arrive so
> late in the release cycle?

The page seem to be around since June but the Feature has not been
proposed as a Feature for the cycle. Please follow the items listed at
[1] to do so. As with the Feature from Walter, please make sure you
change the category so it does appear on my list, and don't forget to
send the email with the appropriate header.

> As an aside, maybe we should ask in the freeze exception process to
> give some explanation of why it got past schedule.

Yes, that would be good indeed. As well I would like to decide us
earlier in the cycle about Features. Not start to discuss Features when
Feature freeze is one day away. I think for 0.92 we should do a deadline
for proposing new Features. It helps to start the discussion early, get
the design team involved and we might even have chances to do tests in
deployments iterate over different designs etc.

Regards,
    Simon

[1]
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Policy#Propose_a_feature_for_addition_into_the_release_cycle