[Sugar-devel] setting date and time (was: re: journal sort options)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Aug 23 00:57:34 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 06:10:33PM +1200, Tom Parker wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 09:30 +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> > However, there is a possibility of adding some additional text, but to
> > do this properly I need to know from you exactly *what* commands you
> > were looking for.
>
> The battery related commands were the ones that I was actually looking
> for

"test /battery" is accessible from the menu.  Not sure which other
battery commands you might want; there's watch-battery for displaying
status, and several battery management functions.  What were you looking
for?

(I agree that capturing Wiki content should be useful.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Troubleshooting_Battery could be added to
your list.)

By the way, if you know some of the word you are looking for you can
search the command dictionary for it:

	ok sifting battery
	... watch-battery

	ok sifting batman
	... batman-stop batman-start batman-init? batman-init

> -- I didn't know you could set the time in OFW.

Best to rely on external documentation for that one, for the time being.
It normally should not be necessary, and it is hard to get right.

> A list of the possible tests would have saved some time, I had to
> watch a few test runs cycle through to the touch pad and keyboard
> tests before I could investigate.

Type menu and press enter.  It's on the output of help already.

So I've not figured out what should be added.  If you were looking for
battery management, perhaps we could improve the accessibility a bit.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/