[Sugar-devel] Help testing new sugar packages in F14

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Aug 18 05:52:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

to get the new Sugar release 0.90 [1] into shape and make it a stable
release we want people to test the nightly Soas snapshots [2]. In order
to get the new packaged tarballs into those builds they have to meet
certain criteria first [3], hence we need people testing them.

You can simply do this by getting the rpms from koji and install them
into your latest soas snapshot and restart Sugar. What I do in short is:

- open the Browse activity and go to http://koji.fedoraproject.org
- search for the package (sugar, sugar-toolkit...)
- click on the latest F14 version and then right-click on the download
option of the 'noarch' rpm and choose 'copy link' from the palette (if
you download directly it is stored in the Journal)
- then open the terminal activity log in as root and you can copy in the
address here using ctrl+shift+v or the edit tab in the toolbar
- the command for updating the rpm is: 'rpm -U [name of rpm]'

Once you tested the package you can comment on bodhi [4] about your
findings and give karma points. If you have not done so yet, you should
create a Fedora account [5], so your comments have a higher value.

Why not start today? Here are some packages that would need your testing
[6] [7]. Btw, there will be a Fedora testing day [8] this Thursday and
we want to give a go on Sugar, too. More info to come.

If you have questions please feel free to ask. I am as well on irc
#sugar most of the day.

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.90/Roadmap#Schedule
[2] http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/soas/
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_acceptance_criteria
[4] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates
[5]
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/new?_csrf_token=88fb044408f6ad820284d0a7f38dc7731efb1808
[6]
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/sugar-artwork-0.89.3-1.fc14,sugar-toolkit-0.89.3-1.fc14?_csrf_token=88fb044408f6ad820284d0a7f38dc7731efb1808
[7]
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/sugar-toolkit-0.89.2-1.fc14,sugar-presence-service-0.90.0-1.fc14,sugar-0.89.3-1.fc14,sugar-base-0.90.0-1.fc14?_csrf_token=88fb044408f6ad820284d0a7f38dc7731efb1808
[8] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/108