[Sugar-devel] Browse-115 stops when pop-up tab closes

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Tue Aug 17 22:52:14 EDT 2010

On Wed, August 18, 2010 2:04 pm, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:

> Tabitha, if you happen to have access to a configuration similar to mine
> could you maybe check whether the WiFi login pop-up that you had issues
> with
> in Browse-115 works in Browse-108?

Sorry, we have left Samoa.

The WiFi system was a chillispot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChilliSpot
but it was using https, so I couldn't capture what was going on with
tcpdump. I got charles working about 30 minutes too late to
man-in-the-middle my session before we left.

I saved a few pages using firefox, but the chillispot goes like this

1) Login page
2) <enter login details & submit>
3) Login page becomes "logging in page" & popup window appears displaying
"logging in"
4) Login fails and popup window disappears

In Browse, at step 4, everything disappears.

This makes it difficult to capture the code that is doing the closing. I'm
hoping to have time to try to reproduce using what I was able to record
tonight.