[Sugar-devel] Appropriate to call myself "senior developer"?

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:00:04 EDT 2010

This thread has made me wistful.  I go to a conference every year
called "No Fluff Just Stuff".  The guy who runs it has the title "Meme
Wrangler".  I've had several different titles at my day job, every one
more dismal than the last.  The work and the pay doesn't change, just
the title.  What I wouldn't give to be a "Meme Wrangler", or a
"Wizard", or a "Lord High Executioner", or even an "Oompah-Loompah",
even if the job didn't pay anything.

Maybe that could be an inducement to volunteer for Sugar Labs.  Make a
significant contribution and somebody in authority, maybe Walter
Bender, gives you a cool title.  Maybe a signed certificate you could
hang in the office of your day job.

James Simmons