[Sugar-devel] List of widgets used in Sugar?

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Sun Aug 15 22:41:39 EDT 2010

Is there a list of current widgets that are used in Sugar activities? The
Activity Team's wiki[1] now links to a page that is labelled as obsolete.

*Status*
My focus is currently on the widget identification system for  Experior [2]
 (nee Sugarbot). The system enables scripting to take place. The system
needs to support Sugar > 0.84 widgets (icons, rather than text). As every
type of gtk.Widget has its own quirks, I would like to prioritise them.

More generally, Experior is coming along relatively nicely. I am
progressively rewriting quite a lot of unpythonic code. This should result
speedups & readability improvements. I still expect the code to be replaced
with Dogtail, but I'm not sure how difficult that will be.

The canonical branch is being hosted on GitHub [3]. Partially because I
wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Mainly because of its lightweight
issue tracker. Once I feel that the code is at a fairly stable state, I'll
move the tracker to bugs.sugarlabs.org.

*Emerging Issues:*
 - Experior is designed to test actvities, I can't seem to test sugar-core
UI feature atm

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activity_Team#sugar-widgets_library
[2] http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/experior
[3] http://github.com/timClicks/experior