[Sugar-devel] Browse-115 stops when pop-up tab closes

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 04:54:56 EDT 2010

On 14 August 2010 07:01, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:
> On 12/08/2010, Christoph Derndorfer <christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay, submitted the bug which should hit Sascha Silbe's inbox for moderation
>> right about now.
>
> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2155
>
> We have this problem too with os300py and the "lavaspot" wifi hotspot
> login in Samoa.
>
> Reported badly privately last week (little internet at that time). I
> will grab a tcpdump of it happening and attach to ticket.
>
> The quit is /fast/ like it core dumped. I tried messing with quotas to
> get a core but was unsuccessful. Tips? Where would a core be dropped?
> If the process does die untidily, where is this fact logged? Where
> does it's stderr go? stdout and stderr go to the log file, so it
> should  say signal 11" in the log if it seg faulted, right?
>
> I can reproduce for the next 24 hours and have good net access once
> again, if there is something I can do to diagnose, please let me know.
> (we leave samoa tomorrow).

Afaict, this isn't a bug in Browse, but in sugar.activity.Activity. I
also can't find any evidence in the logs that it segfaults. I'm afraid
unless I can reproduce it I can't do anything.

Could you save the HTML page that opens a new window (tab), with
javascript and everything? That may help me reproduce it.