[Sugar-devel] code submitted for review should have been tested

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Aug 11 06:22:00 EDT 2010

Hi,

any code contributor is expecting that their patches will be tested by
the reviewer? If that is the case, we should make more clear in the
review process that patches should have been tested _before_ they are
submitted for acceptance.

Because of this specific commit, file transfers have been broken since
early this year and it's obvious that this code wasn't tested at all:

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar/repos/mainline/commits/11828796

Given the current poor state of our testing efforts, committers should
be extra careful about this.

Regards,

Tomeu