[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Feature and API/ABI Freeze approaching

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 14:31:44 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> Dear Sugar community,
>
> the Feature Freeze for Sucrose 0.90 is approaching. It will be due next
> Monday, the 16th of August [1].

I am still hoping to figure out how to get "write to Journal at any
time" feature [1] done in time for the freeze... it will be touch and
go as I still have a major blocker in getting the shell to know about
the object_id... Stay tuned.

-walter

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Write_to_journal_anytime

> If a feature you are working on is not listed at the 0.90 Feature page
> and you want to propose it for inclusion please do so *now* following
> the Feature Policy [3]. Please have in mind that you have to land your
> code by Feature Freeze and that it has to go through the review process [4].
>
> If your Feature is not ready for this release, you should not worry too
> much, there will be another release in 6 months. Please make sure to
> propose it as early as possible.
>
> Regards,
>    Simon
>
> [1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.90/Roadmap#Schedule