[Sugar-devel] touchpad mode selection

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 14:22:33 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:
> walter -- currently we try at boot time and set the touchpad to
> whichever mode the user last requested.  moving this
> initialization to sugar was one of the last changes you made to
> the sugar code, i think.
>
> but when you were in the office you mentioned that it might be
> preferable to always revert to capacitive (normal) mode at boot
> time, so that the user doesn't get stuck or confused by "pen
> mode" (which is certainly less "discoverable' than normal mode).
>
> the more i think about it, the more i think that's a good idea.
> what do other people (who, hopefully have tried both modes)
> think?
>

> paul
> =---------------------
>  paul fox, pgf at laptop.org

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/attachment/ticket/2006/0001-touchpad-with-finger-mode-default.patch
defaults to capacitive on boot. It no longer uses the FLAG_FILE and
thus that file is no longer needed by your patch either. Its presence
will not impact the functionality, as far as I know. I've tested this
on 258py. I'd appreciate your doing a quick review just to make sure I
didn't miss anything.

-walter

--
Walter Bender