[Sugar-devel] Putting stuff in the control panel vs. the frame

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 11:51:19 EDT 2010

Hi all,

looking at some of ParaguayEduca's latest builds I saw that they have added
some new icons / features to the frame (e.g. CPU / memory consumption,
accessibility, touchpad-mode, etc.)

I talked to Bernie about this and we realized that there currently doesn't
seem to be a clear consensus on what kind of features should go into the
frame and which ones into the control panel. One could easily argue that
some sparsely populated CP options could be removed and the options instead
added to the corresponding frame devices (particularly power and network
options come to mind here). Or on the contrary that things like the
touchpad-mode should be accessed from within the CP rather than the frame.

Anyway, I was wondering what people here thought about this issue.

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer