[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] What application in f13 liveinst (Anaconda) takes the live, compressed, file system and converts it to a normal file system during a HD install?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 02:56:20 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Thomas C Gilliard
<satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:
> I am curious:
>
> What application in the f13 liveinst Anaconda (Install to HD link on the
> live desktop of gnome)
> takes the live file system and converts it to a normal file system on HD
> install after the files are transferred to the HD during installation
>
> Can we use this to take the soas live file system and do a conversion to
> a real HD install?

With in the sqashfs file system is a plain ext4 (I think) filesystem.
I'm not sure whether they just write this out to disk and then extend
it or whether they do some form of tar backup/restore to move things
over. You'd have to look at the code.

Peter