[Sugar-devel] Introduction - guidance needed

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 12:56:17 EDT 2010

Roopesh,

If you're interested in developing Activities you might check out the
FLOSS Manual "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" at this URL:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/ActivitiesGuideSugar/Introduction

You might want to check out http://activities.sugarlabs.org to see
what is already available.  That might give you ideas about where you
could contribute.

You don't need a dedicated Linux box to do development for Sugar.  You
could run Linux in a VM on your laptop if it has enough memory to do
that, or you could set up the laptop to boot either Linux or Windows.
I do the dual-boot option myself.  You just need to create a partition
on your hard drive to hold Linux.  Having Linux partitions on your
laptop will not affect your experience running Windows, other than
losing the disk space the partitions use.

James Simmons