[Sugar-devel] [Csnd] Re: Getting around a (sound) device assignment problem in SoaS

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Tue Sep 29 16:54:51 EDT 2009

Peter,

That sounds wonderful. I'll be right here available to test whenever you
like.

I'm especially glad that things would be ready for 0.86 Sugar.

I hope I didn't mislead anyone in assessing Csound in 0.84 Sugar (and SoaS
Strawberry).
I was pointing out that for SoaS-1, updates *are required* for Csound to
work in an Activity: 1) to Python2.6; 2) installing csound-python, which in
turn, updates Csound (from OLPCsound). This is fine for developers, but
tricky for the average user - perhaps a Linux neophyte. It will certainly be
nice to just make an SoaS stick and go online to download an Activity and
sound just "plays."

With regard to SoaS-2 beta: Glad to hear it works. I've been unable to use
it myself, as it does not recognize other USB sticks; so I can't easily copy
my activities to it. (The Terminal frame also seems to work the opposite
from SoaS Strawberry; or am I hallucinating?)

Art Hunkins