[Sugar-devel] Adventures with GPA Macbooks

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Wed Sep 23 13:34:45 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Caroline Meeks
<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> Bottom line is we'll get a lot farther if we can use the macbook laptop
> cart.

Did you ever get the exact model number of those macbooks?  It would
help when researching precise hardware compatibility issues.

> I think the next thing i want to try is a CD version of Bill's Floppy boot.
> It works differently doing a full linux boot then booting another kernal on
> the USB.

There is a (fixable) issue with just burning the floppy image as the
'boot floppy' on a CD that involves the fact that 'floppy emulation'
CD booting requires using the BIOS to read/write the emulated floppy.
I think I can move the necessary config files into the initial
ramdisk.   However,  I haven't  had the time to decide if this is the
best/most maintainable way
to do this.  Even once I get you an ISO using my boot floppy, I
wouldn't be surprised if you still have problems.

Bill Bogstad