[Sugar-devel] [Karma] impressed by SVGWeb, so far

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Mon Sep 21 07:56:51 EDT 2009

I haven't done a example animation w/ svgweb yet but color me impressed!

The amount of documentation that svg web has is simply amazing. It
appears that google is paying some hacker to work full-time on it. It is
a young project, started in October 2008, but it has come a long way.

In contrast to raphaeljs, there are at least several coders working on
it. These 1-person projects do scare me.

http://codinginparadise.org/projects/svgweb/docs/QuickStart.html

At first glance, svgweb seems a lot more complicated than raphaeljs.
That said, they are doing a lot more complicated stuff w/ svgweb than
seems to have been attempted so far w/ raphaeljs.

I will let you know more after I create a basic demo of adding_up_to_10
w/ it

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director