[Sugar-devel] Colors in the rim

Chris Marshall jns-cmarshall at comcast.net
Sun Sep 20 10:29:02 EDT 2009

It makes a difference with the current sharing of
activities since various combinations of OS and
Sugar versions don't work on the XO-1.

With a number of XO-1 systems running 767 and 802,
I've been able to share activities 767<->767 and
802<->802 but no luck 767<->802.  Some of the issue
may not be Sugar itself but since for XO-1 users
the sugar versions available are limited by the
OS support of the hardware.

I've been watching the Sugar improvements and all
via this list.  Things have continued to become
more usable and functional for SoaS users.  However,
on the XO-1, there has not been as much accessible
progress (meaning something that one could install
on their XO-1 with SD card and would just work).

In an ideal world, the rim colors would not be
needed because only things that work would be
exposed in the visual interface.  Although, that
might make for some user frustrations.

Regards,
Chris