[Sugar-devel] [Debian-olpc-devel] [IAEP] Glucose 0.84 and 0.85 packaged for Debian!

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sun Sep 20 05:56:18 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 03:24:23AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 06:49:00PM -0500, David Farning wrote:
>>2. manually sync /debian from git.debian.org to git.gnewsense.org
>>3. do final work in git.gnewsense.org
>
>Is Alioth such a cruel place to work together?  Is it me - am I awful
>to work with?  Why do you ask for my advice on how to most effectively
>avoid working together with me?!?

Sorry for being aggressive above!

I realize now (after some sleep, and then working some on a talk I will
hold next week in Taiwan about interaction between upstreams, distros
and subdistros) that branching off a Git is a *use* of my work.  I
should not discourage *use*, even if it comes in a diferent form than I
had envisioned.

So please accept my apology, and if not too late (if my initial response
didn't discourage you), then please do return with whatever technical
questions you have regarding early branching for gNewSense.  I shall try
to help you succeed with your branching of my work if that is really
what you want to do.

>Hope you will engage more than just fork off,

Above remark still stands :-)

Also, I still recommend limiting cross-posts to initial announcements
and doing follow-ups only at a single list: Invite broadly but have the
actual conversation in a single "meeting room" rather than shouting all
out from the hill tops.  For this discussion I recommend using the
Alioth list, and have added a reply-to accordingly.

I only continue cross-posting as long as others do.  If you want to read
all of this thread, then beware that some of it reside only at the
Alioth list.

If you want to spawn a different subtopic which might be better suited
for a different of the cross-posted lists, then do cross-post, but
change the subject line, and propose a new single list for follow-ups.

  - Jonas