[Sugar-devel] What is Sugar LiveUSB

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Sat Sep 19 09:00:14 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 11:43:53PM -0600, Douglas McClendon wrote:
> Martin Dengler wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 02:54:30PM -0400, Bill Bogstad wrote:
>>> There seems to be a lack of consensus of what SoaS actually is or
>>> what it's goals (use cases) should be.
>>
>> I'd like to say I see your point, but across the internet that's a
>> dangerous thing to say in the face of the somewhat amusing ambiguigty
>> of trying to talk about "that thing whose identity we can't agree
>> upon".
>
> Here is a question from the perspective of an outsider to this list
> (at least until very recently)-
>
> I too was a bit confused by sugaronastick.com.  Perhaps what could
> clear up my confusion is this simple question-
>
> Who/what is the legal entity "Sugar On A Stick".

None exists AFAICS.

> Specifically the owner of the copyright on the content of the main
> sugaronastick.com page, which has at the bottom "(c) 2009 Sugar on a
> Stick".

This appears to be a spurious copyright assertion, as no such legal
entity exists.  The owner of the domain can probably do something
about it:

$ whois sugaronastick.com
[...]
Registrant:
   Aristoi Consulting Services
   49 Thornberry Rd
   Winchester, MA  01890
   US
[...]
   Administrative, Technical Contact:
      Meeks, Caroline  caroline at meekshome.com
      Aristoi Consulting Services
      49 Thornberry Rd
      Winchester, MA  01890
      US
      781-721-0395

I believe Caroline is aware and plans to address this confusion.

> -dmc

Martin