[Sugar-devel] InfoSlicer: "Error downloading... check your connection"

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 09:28:39 EDT 2009

I've been playing around with this, trying to debug it. Right now, I
cannot get any downloading to work. The logs aren't complaining about
the connection, but they are complaining about the download:

1252848340.769301 DEBUG infoslicer: url opened successfully
1252848340.823320 DEBUG infoslicer: MediaWiki_Parser:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=parse&page=France&format=xml
1252848340.836553 DEBUG infoslicer::except: download_and_add: need
more than 1 value to unpack

I'll take a look at the MediaWiki_Parser to try to determine what is going on.

(This was in jhbuild with the latest bits from git.)

-walter

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 13:02,  <s.boutayeb at free.fr> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to add new wikis (in French and designed for kids, such as
>> - http://fr.wikiversity.org/wiki/Accueil
>> - http://fr.vikidia.org/index.php/Accueil
>> - http://www.omegawiki.org/Meta:Main_Page
>> - http://www.omegawiki.org/OLPC_Children%27s_Dictionary
>> - http://schools-wikipedia.org/
>> - http://fr.wikimini.org/wiki/Accueil
>> - http://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikijunior
>> - http://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/Accueil
>> - http://www.europeana.eu/portal/
>>
>> I got following error in InfoSlicer:
>> "Error dowloading ... check your connection"
>>
>> This message displays on the 3 sample wilipedias provided in the activity in the
>> 'library.py' file:
>>
>> WIKI = { _("English Wikipedia")         : "en.wikipedia.org",
>>         _("Simple English Wikipedia")  : "simple.wikipedia.org",
>>         _("German Wikipedia")          : "de.wikipedia.org" }
>>
>> I tried on an xo1 and on a SOAS, where the connection is OK.
>>
>> I tried to modify the paths in the "library.py" script, however, the error
>> message still appaers.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Thank you in advance for any hint!
>
> Any useful info in the activity log?
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad/Get_Logs
>
> Regards,
>
> Tomeu
>
> --
> «Sugar Labs is anyone who participates in improving and using Sugar.
> What Sugar Labs does is determined by the participants.» - David
> Farning

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org