[Sugar-devel] [Feature Freeze] request for exception for Turtle Art

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 11:49:40 EDT 2009

I made a somewhat invasive change to Turtle Art in order to make the
toolbars backward compatible with Sugar 0.82-0.84. Essentially, I
catch an exception when trying to create a ToolbarBox. In the
exception handler, I create the old-style toolbars.

        try:
            # Use 0.86 toolbar design
            toolbar_box = ToolbarBox()

        except NameError:
            # Use pre-0.86 toolbar design
            self.toolbox = activity.ActivityToolbox(self)
            self.set_toolbox(self.toolbox)

I had to add a new toolbar for the help menu in the old toolbar
configuration since I had moved the hover help to a toolbar in the
0.86 configuration:

            self.helpToolbar = HelpToolbar(self)
            self.toolbox.add_toolbar(_('Help'),self.helpToolbar)

So I will request an exception for String Freeze as well.

(I also did a work-around for a Rainbow-related bug with image save.)

Changes are in:

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/turtleart/repos/walters-clone

-walter
--