[Sugar-devel] Bill Bogstad's floppy disk boot (Soas)

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Fri Sep 11 12:00:26 EDT 2009

With regard to Bill Bogstad's floppy boot disk project for SoaS: it works
flawlessly for me. (I've tried it successfully on both an older Windows
laptop and desktop - vintages: Pentium II/III.)

I've one suggestion for Bill: for use by children, I'd make everything as
automatic as possible. Either delete the display where the user needs to
make a choice (it's *way* technical and *I* didn't know what to do), or put
a (10"?) auto-timer on it so that it goes on through (the usual way) without
user intervention.

For Windows people: I suggest creating the boot disk with RAWriteWin. It's
simple, user-friendly and efficient.

Great job, Bill.

Art Hunkins