[Sugar-devel] How to make a SoaS (or liveCD) from scratch

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Sep 11 04:00:09 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 04:04, Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 03:01:47AM +0100, Martin Dengler wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 06:43:31PM -0300, Andrés Nacelle wrote:
>> > Hi guys, basically I'm trying to do a SoaS or a live CD with the image we
>> > are using now on the XO, which has our own selection of activities and
>> > packages.
>>
>> You want to take an XO-1's filesystem from its NAND and make it
>> bootable on another machine via a USB key?
>>
>> It might be easier (but it's by no means quick, and probably not easy
>> either) to re-create the SoaS .ISO.
>>
>> Based on the information at the top of:
>>
>> http://cgit.sugarlabs.org/soas/mainline/tree/BUILDING
>>
>> ...you could:
>>
>> git clone git://git.sugarlabs.org/soas/devxo.git xo-soas
>
> That should be:
>
> git clone git://git.sugarlabs.org/soas/mainline.git xo-soas

But that would give Andres a live image with 0.84, right? I thought he
wanted the same Sugar and activities versions as Ceibal is
distributing.

If he wants Sugar 0.82 for regular hardware then I think that making a
custom live image of Fedora 9 would be the way to go.

If that's the case, then asking in fedora-olpc may be the best bet, as
there's people very knowledgeable about fedora's live images:

HTH,

Tomeu

>> Martin

Farning