[Sugar-devel] Hello, was Re: Hack to get a USB/SD to autologin to only "Sugar-desktop on a stick". from a F12-alpha live CD

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 07:04:44 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:39 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> I was thinking that different lot/filesytem combinations would
> gracefully degrade at consistent predictable rates.  Instead, I got a
> rather unexpected result.  Rapid failure of a lot/filesystem
> combination.

Did you repartition them? Mitch Bradley explained it best:
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2009-April/013789.html

Background reading at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/How_to_Damage_a_FLASH_Storage_Device

Even following his advise, journalled FSs are going to hit the device
pretty hard. And if you skip journalled FSs, you're in the land of
dinosaurs like ext2.

life sucks, we're screwed, etc