[Sugar-devel] Feature exception request for Write toolbars (Was: Sucrose 0.85.5 Tarballs Due)

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Sep 8 12:09:10 EDT 2009

On 7 Sep 2009, at 09:45, Simon Schampijer wrote:

> * Toolbars
> As the toolbars work is not too trivial in terms of code changes you
> have to ask for a Feature Exception as well. Please send it out in
> time,
> that we can evaluate it. Criteria for acceptance:
>
> - The code is not invasive. Most of your code should move old
> functionality around. You should not change the logic of the activity
> besides that. Please provide a diff for that.
>
> - Those changes could compromise your activity easily. Your new
> activity
> has to be tested by minimum two persons if all the functionality is
> still there.

Just wanted to let the list formally know I am finished with the Write
toolbar re-work and ask for a Write feature exception. The git rep is
here, hopefully the commit comments should be clear for those wanting
to see what got changed/moved about. Writes old toolbars were quite
extensive, so there's a fair amount toolbar code that needed to be
moved around, but the majority of it is not new code:

	http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/write/repos/garycmartins-toolbar-clone

No new features added.

No new strings needed (all were already in Write.pot).

Tested here in an F11 sugar-jhbuild, but would like to see some other
give it a run through.

Here's some screen shots of the toolbar (sorry Fred, didn't get around
to tweaking table insert/remove, row/column icons, next time):