[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Read toolbar - not enough space for TOC on little dimensions

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Mon Sep 7 09:26:34 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 15:09, Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with the new toolbar design I have the issue of 'loosing' the some widgets,
> with smaller dimensions (800x600).
>
> Any ideas on how we could rearrange that? Putting it in a secondary toolbar?
> Other ideas?

I think we should use only 16 cells on the toolbar (including the 2
spacers) and make sure that the cell size allows for that number of
cells on any resolution. Today we cannot do the later because the cell
size is determined by SUGAR_SCALING that can only be 72 or 100.

More info here:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Sugar_Interface/Layout_Guidelines

Regards,

Tomeu