[Sugar-devel] Sucrose 0.85.5 Tarballs Due - Remember the String freeze

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Sep 7 04:45:39 EDT 2009

Dear Sucrose Maintainers,

* Tarballs
Please provide source tarballs for the Sucrose 0.85.5 Release [1] by the
end of the 8th of September and announce them as explained here:
http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Release#Module_release

We slipped the tarballs, due to the ongoing toolbar work in some of the
fructose activities.

* String Freeze
Remember that we had string freeze the 04th of September. If you want to
push any string changes after that date, you have to ask for an exception.

* Toolbars
As the toolbars work is not too trivial in terms of code changes you
have to ask for a Feature Exception as well. Please send it out in time,
that we can evaluate it. Criteria for acceptance:

- The code is not invasive. Most of your code should move old
functionality around. You should not change the logic of the activity
besides that. Please provide a diff for that.

- Those changes could compromise your activity easily. Your new activity
has to be tested by minimum two persons if all the functionality is
still there.

Thanks,
    Your Release Team

[1] http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Release/Roadmap#Schedule