[Sugar-devel] Journal Listview (gtk.treeview)

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Sep 5 22:40:49 EDT 2009

On 5 Sep 2009, at 18:24, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 18:18, Gary C Martin<gary at garycmartin.com>
> wrote:
>> On 18 Aug 2009, at 09:17, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>>
>>> with the current switch to use gtk.TreeView in the Journal list view
>>> I came across:
>>>
>>> a) patch to remove the column headers, with removing of the
>>> clickable
>>>
>>> b) issues:
>>> - when started the first time, the date column has another color
>>> (see dat.png attached)
>>> - when hitting esc after editing a title of an entry, we get a round
>>> circle, I guess a focus issue (esc_tect_edit.png attched)
>>>
>>> c) different interaction than before:
>>> - to edit a title you have to click twice
>>> - hard to discover that you can edit a title
>>> - it always selects the column (grey outlined when making an edit)
>>
>> Just wanted to ping the list in case there is anyone who can help out
>> with the above gtk.TreeView code (used for Journal [1] and Home
>> activities list [2] views). Without extra hands/eyes, it looks like
>> this will be reverted back to the previous hippo canvas
>> implementation
>> for 0.86.
>
> Can we get tickets for those?

Remove the column headers from Journal gtk.treeview:

	http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1278

Remove the column headers from Home list view's gtk.treeview:

	http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1279

When started the first time, the date column has another colour:

	http://dev.sugarlabs.org/attachment/ticket/1280/

Journal, when hitting esc after editing a title of an entry, a white
focus ellipse is shown:

	http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1281

Home list view changes in focus (tab) cause a white focus ellipse is
shown

	http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1282

Journal title editing unexpected behaviour requires two clicks to edit:

	http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1283

> I'm not sure we can actually revert the
> whole TreeView thing because several unrelated changes have happened
> in the same files so this revert would be quite invasive.

OK, thanks for the heads up, if it's sticking around I'll make sure I
spend bug hunting time on it.

> If people agree, we can take out the column headers right now.

+1!

Regards,
--Gary