[Sugar-devel] icons for paragraph toolbar

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Sep 5 18:18:58 EDT 2009

On 4 Sep 2009, at 17:55, Eben Eliason wrote:

> [...]
>> icons for
>> Simon (and my own Labyrinth/Physics/Moon).
>>
>> Here's a first pass at the toolbar to get an idea of icons needed.
>> The HIG
>> has space for 14 icons max, so things are pretty tight here. I
>> would like to
>> move 'Insert image' out of  'Table' and onto the primary toolbar,
>> but that
>> put's it perhaps too close to the 'Stop' button (I'd like to leave
>> a 1x icon
>> gap if possible):
>>
>> [Activity]
>>        "Title input"
>>        {Share palette}
>>        {Export palette}
>>        --------
>>        Keep
>>
>> [Edit]
>>        Copy
>>        Paste
>>        --------
>>        Undo
>>        Redo
>>
>> [View]
>>        Zoom in
>>        Zoom out
>>        (Zoom combo box)
>>        --------
>>        (Page combo box)
>>        --------
>>        "Search input box"      <-- should have string "Search:"
>> prefixing
>> the input box
>>        Find previous
>>        Find next
>>
>> [Paragraph style]
>>        Heading 1       <-- need icon
>>        Heading 2       <-- need icon
>>        Heading 3       <-- need icon
>>        Heading 4       <-- need icon
>>        Block text      <-- need icon
>>        Plain Text      <-- need icon
>>        --------
>>        Left justify
>>        Centre justify
>>        Right justify
>>        Fill justify
>>
>> [List style]            <-- need icon
>>        Normal
>>        Bullet list
>>        Dashed list
>>        Numbered list
>>        Lower case list
>>        Upper case list
>>
>> [Font style]
>>        (Font list menu)
>>        (Font size menu)
>>
>> [Table]                         <-- need better icon
>>        {Add table palette}     <-- need better icon
>>        Add row                 <-- need better icon
>>        Remove row              <-- need better icon
>>        Add column              <-- need better icon
>>        Remove column   <-- need better icon
>>        --------
>>        Insert Image    <-- have a better icon (see Labyrinth)
>>
>> --------
>> Bold
>> Italic
>> Underline
>> {Colour picker palette}
>> Stop
>>
>> Seem OK? I can work on these a little tonight, but also tomorrow.

Fab.

> I think that the find controls belong on the
> edit toolbar, though.

Sure, seems a fair change to me :-)

Have some of the icons ready, will send out an email later tonight
once I've hit a few more. Note that some of these icons used are from
sugar-artwork so will need committed there.

Regards,
--Gary

P.S. Bringing this thread on to list (started out as off list email
chit chat) so folks are not left out the loop.