[Sugar-devel] Problem rejoining a shared Write

J.M. Maurer uwog at uwog.net
Wed Sep 2 17:19:07 EDT 2009

For the collaboration people:

I added some code to AbiCollab to let a collaborative Write session
continue when the session initiator disconnects. However, I seem to have
a problem rejoining an activity. This is what I do:

1. Start Write
2. Share it
3. Let some people join
4. Close write (the one that initiated the share)
5. Rejoin the still running session

Now a "ListTubes"[1] call on the existing tube channel will return no
tubes in the callback. Why is that?

It's especially weird since it WILL return a tube when you fire up
another jhbuild/XO and join that session. ListTubes just seems to turn
into a 'no-op' when you join on a machine that was already part of the
session before.

Cheers,
  Marc

[1] from the Write activity:

    self.tubes_chan[telepathy.CHANNEL_TYPE_TUBES].ListTubes(
         reply_handler=self._list_tubes_reply_cb,
         error_handler=self._list_tubes_error_cb)