[Sugar-devel] What operating system should I put on the donated computers for SoaS at the GPA

Pilar Saenz mapisaro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 23:59:03 EDT 2009

Hi Caroline

Actually, we install sugar on fedora 11 and customized it to use sugar
session and to have the same soas Bootloader. We has testes this
process on several kind of desktop and on classmate 2.

Rafael Ortiz has write some notes about the process, all in spanish,

http://co.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_con_fedora11_sobre_un_desktop
http://co.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_con_fedora11_sobre_el_classmate

Best regards,

2009/9/1 Bill Bogstad <bogstad at pobox.com>:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Caroline
> Meeks<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
>> Our short term goal is to on Monday prep 5-10 computer to put into the GPA
>> classrooms on Weds.  So we don't need super simple or something we never have to upgrade,
>> we will have lots of access to these computers.  Also we don't need
>> computers to be both boot-helpers and have a Guest Sugar system on them.
>> They can be one or the other. This week is about what we can do this week.
>> Hopefully this experience will lead us to a super simple installation that
>> we can use for donated computers and put it into kids homes without having
>> to worry about how we will upgrade them.
>
> I  can probably find a way to generate and install a hard disk boot
> helper for SoaS by Monday.  Whether it is based on the current CD or
> floppy helper will depend on on which is easier to do.  I know nothing
> about guest Sugar systems and wouldn't even attempt to meet that kind
> of deadline.
>
> Bill Bogstad

María del Pilar Sáenz
Fundación Sugar Labs Colombia