[Sugar-devel] What operating system should I put on the donated computers for SoaS at the GPA

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Tue Sep 1 15:06:59 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Caroline
Meeks<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> Our short term goal is to on Monday prep 5-10 computer to put into the GPA
> classrooms on Weds.  So we don't need super simple or something we never have to upgrade,
> we will have lots of access to these computers.  Also we don't need
> computers to be both boot-helpers and have a Guest Sugar system on them.
> They can be one or the other. This week is about what we can do this week.
> Hopefully this experience will lead us to a super simple installation that
> we can use for donated computers and put it into kids homes without having
> to worry about how we will upgrade them.

I  can probably find a way to generate and install a hard disk boot
helper for SoaS by Monday.  Whether it is based on the current CD or
floppy helper will depend on on which is easier to do.  I know nothing
about guest Sugar systems and wouldn't even attempt to meet that kind
of deadline.

Bill Bogstad