[Sugar-devel] What operating system should I put on the donated computers for SoaS at the GPA

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Tue Sep 1 13:56:31 EDT 2009

Anurag a CS student at BU, my husband, a CS grad from MIT and I, a techie
never give upper, are going to be working on Monday to take the pile of
computers in my house and prepare them for installing in the GPA school on
Weds.
We will be wiping all the hard disks and putting on something else.

Can I put install some version of the boothelper on the hard drive so when
it boots off of the hard drive it automatically looks for a USB?  I think
this would be preferred especially for older computers that don't let us set
the bios for USB boot preference.

Perhaps with newer computers we should install Sugar locally and make it the
"Room 33" user so that guests can get access with out a stick.

Thoughts? help?

Got a good answer? Put it here for future deployments:
https://answers.launchpad.net/soas/+question/81627

We will also use this for tracking what I do and documenting results.

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove

617-500-3488 - Office