[Sugar-devel] [Karma] experimenting w/ canvas, drawImage draws a distorted pic

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Tue Sep 1 06:13:41 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 02:36 -0700, S Page wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Martin
> Langhoff<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Our pixels are rather "special". If you are using Browse.xo or
> > anything using hulahop/gecko make sure you read Mihai Sucan's notes on
> > the topic... wikipage which I have now lost track of...
>
> Probably http://wiki.laptop.org/go/HTML_canvas_performance

I am aware of that issue but I am referring a different one.

for whatever reason a canvas pixel is not equivalent to a css pixel so
the following methods of specifying canvas dimensions are not
equivalent:

<canvas id="myCanvas" width="200" height="200"></canvas>

   #mycanvas {
	width: 200;
	height: 200;
  }