[Sugar-devel] Tutorius Demo and Meeting

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 16:47:19 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 09:11, Erick Lavoie <erick.lavoie at gmail.com> wrote:
> As discussed before, Tutorius is a project done by 9 students from
> Université de Sherbrooke (Québec, Canada) aiming to integrate interactive
> tutorials inside Sugar to guide Sugar users in learning the platform and its
> activities.  Our goal for december is to be able to cover most of the
> content of the Floss manual.

I have started writing a new manual, tentatively Discovering Discovery
on the XO. It is based on the material in my Wiki page,
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/The_Undiscoverable. The introductory
material and the first few topics exist in draft form. I am currently
sorting obstacles by dependencies. Then I intend to create a sequence
of topics in dependency order exploring each obstacle. The intention
is to cover everything that an average student will need in order to
be able to use all of the Sugar software at grade level.

Then we have to work on the topics appropriate for each school
subject, and propose a few new subjects that are essential for
achieving the Millennium Development Goals, building a functioning
society and economy, and rebuilding the environment.

> We are doing this along 3 axis:
>
> Execution: Add the mechanisms needed to Sugar to support execution of
> tutorials

What do you need besides existing activities and programming
environments, particularly TurtleArt, Pippy, Scratch, and Etoys?

> Creation: Provide tools to create tutorials from within Sugar in a GUI
> environment

Same question.

> Sharing: Provide a platform to share tutorials on the web

Definitely.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/