[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] New activity: Arithmetic.

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sun Oct 25 12:46:00 EDT 2009

Hi Caroline,

   > Hi Chris, I had a crazy idea for Arithmetic yesterday.  Its a
   > wonderful game for the GPA. Its exactly the kind of practice the
   > students at GPA need. Its collaborative and other people are a
   > huge key to engagement.  But as you said it needs a little
   > something more to make it fun.

This sounds like a good way to make it more fun, although I suppose
it's making the game longer by making the players wait for someone to
place a piece in the Physics world before getting a new question;
another way would be to replace the numeric scores with icons that
race towards a finish line as their owners score points, perhaps.

Unfortunately, I don't have any talent for the UI stuff -- the hope
was that by getting the collaboration part of the activity out there,
someone with UI skills will adopt making a fun UI for it (and better
scoring, and better question generation logic, etc).  :)

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>