[Sugar-devel] [Karma] Basic example of Conozco working

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Thu Oct 22 00:15:03 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 03:24 +0100, Gary C Martin wrote:
> You probably have it already, but if needed, scaling and translation
> of existing svg content can be done by nesting the map drawing
> commands with the transform attribute:
>
> 	http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/coords.html#TransformAttribute
>
> Regards,
> --Gary

tks Gary. I know of the transform attribute but I have used it yet.

I will need to understand transform better in order to implement pan and
zoom functionality.

Right now I am using i just assign the ratio of the browser viewport's
x/y dimensions to the actual svg to the svg DOM element's currentScale
attribute

		var xRatio = browserInnerWidth/MAX_SCREEN_X;
		var yRatio = browserInnerHeight/MAX_SCREEN_Y;

		//get the smallest ratio
		newRatio = xRatio > yRatio ? yRatio : xRatio;

		if (newRatio < 1) {
		    svgElem.currentScale = newRatio - 0.05;
		}

Would u be interested to do a "Conozco a UK" activity? ;)  I could help
u with the javascript if you help me w/ the SVG ;)

--
Bryan W. Berry
Senior Engineer