[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Re: [Bugs] #1508 UNSP: confusing wording on download from Browse

Eben Eliason eben at laptop.org
Mon Oct 19 10:12:20 EDT 2009

Since the desire to stop the activity has already been conveyed by
clicking the Stop button, the real choice to be made is whether or not
the download should be cancelled. How about changing the wording to
convey this choice directly:

To stop the activity now now you must cancel your ongoing download.
[Cancel download] [Continue download]

Clicking [Cancel download] will cancel the download and stop the
activity (as was already requested by clicking Stop). I chose to keep
the word "cancel" in the "Cancel download" button because the term
"stop" is used in the UI as an action which can be resumed, which is
untrue of the download.

Clicking on [Continue download] will cause the alert to disappear, and
implicitly cancel the previously requested "stop" action on the
activity.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> In this particular case, we may want to say:
>
> Continue with download
>
> Stop download and stop browsing

This isn't bad either, though perhaps we could say the same in fewer
words: [Continue download] [Cancel and stop]

Eben