[Sugar-devel] Design mockup of a different activity launcher

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Sat Oct 17 20:08:14 EDT 2009

2009/10/18 Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvDdN1t-0yE
>
> I was in the code and have wanted to try this for awhile!  If anyone
> else thinks it would be better than the pulsing icon, I'll clean up
> and post the patch to a Feature on the wiki.

-1 to removing the pulsating icon.

I really like it. I think it's something really unique and special about the
Sugar approach. To be honest, I found it one of the most attractive,
colourful and playful features I first encountered. Most of the rest of the
UI is grey, it's great to have something dynamic and interesting.

+1 to the close button.

Being unable to cancel is a real pain in the XO-1. Some of the apps seem to
hang when loading, and there's no way to know what's going on. Also, it's
quite easy to load up a second application, because the menus are not always
as responsive as they could be.

timClicks