[Sugar-devel] friendview.py

Eben Eliason eben at laptop.org
Sat Oct 17 09:45:57 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, P2P activity sharing would be awesome.
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Almanac/Activity_Bundles
> says "Activities are meant to be shared between children. If a child
> doesn't have the activity, it is automatically transfered to the child
> when he or she joins the shared activity." but I don't believe this
> was ever implemented...?

Right.

To me, it sounds like the first step in building either of these
systems (automatic p2p transfer, download from browse) is figuring out
a way to publish the activity icon so that we DON'T have to show a
question mark. I would much rather show the icon for the activity that
the child doesn't have, and perhaps badge it in some way to indicate
that they don't yet have it.

This seems desirable regardless of which solution we choose to
download the activity.

Eben