[Sugar-devel] RFC: Kill the delayed menus for good

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Thu Oct 15 07:16:11 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 03:49, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> Tomeu wrote:

>>> Yay, more roadblocks and stereotyping! :)
>>
>> You shouldn't take this personal, most of Sugar contributors including
>> me have done this in the past.
>
> <humor>I don't take it personally; I take it on behalf of oppressed
> contributors everywhere...!</humor>
> (In other words, judging the patch by its author rather than by its text
> and its effects does seem to me to be a rather risky business. Your
> choice, though.)

If you insist on thinking that I have something against you, then I
will stop having this discussion with you. I'm really tired of you
continuously bringing this as a problem but not hearing anyone else
caring about your troubles contributing.

I stand by what I said: substantial user experience changes will be
considered only after discussion involving the design and deployment
teams (which we are having now). This is not just for you but for
anybody else that proposes patches for the modules that I maintain.

Try going to a GNOME or KDE module and proposing that they accept such
a patch so people can test it, they are going to laugh at your face.

Maintenance is already a hard enough task, if the community thinks
that a maintainer should also be accepting all patches, releasing
them, packaging them, making soas spins, asking for feedback,
reverting them, etc. Then I will be glad to pass maintenance to
whoever is available to do these kinds of things.

Regards,

Tomeu

Farning