[Sugar-devel] incremental activity update

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Oct 14 23:04:50 EDT 2009

2009/10/15 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
> For the F9 series (8.2.1) my current plan is to work to polish the
> imagecreator scripts so that it is easier for deployents to
>
>  - prepare a custom image (mostly covered)
>  - base on an existing image ("in place", even if the tar isn't available)
>  - create and inject signatures with the local keys (ofw, initramfs, kernel)

I know I myself hacked the image-builder script into this direction,
but in hindsight I feel that it got too hacky and that was the wrong
approach. It presented various surprises along the way and at the very
end left me with the "this is the wrong thing" feeling.

I feel that for making such customizations, the deployments should
clone the build setup (pilgrim) and make changes there. It's more
complex but works well and doesn't leave such a bad taste in the
mouth.

Daniel