[Sugar-devel] RFC: Kill the delayed menus for good

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Wed Oct 14 14:00:07 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org>wrote:

> El Wed, 14-10-2009 a las 12:15 -0400, Caroline Meeks escribió:
>
> > People could take both versions to a group of kids and video how it
> > goes.
>
> When are you going to be at the GPA? Next time I could come along, apply
> the patch before the kids start using the machines, and then we could
> interview them at the end of the day about their experience.
>
> Or -- if we were evil enough -- we could patch only half of the stations
> and see which group performs better ;-)

they all have their own sticks so that might not be quite so easy.  Also I
don't want to do it during classroom time.

We hope to start an afterschool session on  Sugar on Fridays in a couple of
weeks.  Want to help?

I think once we've done that for a few times we might be able to ask to
"borrow" some kids who have yet to use Sugar some afternoon when they are in
after-school. Give half of them one kind of stick and half another in the
GPA computer lab.

Realistically, I think it will be about a month before I could set that up,
just in terms of how many new requests I can give the school at once.

There is also a club at Harvard using XOs in a Boston after school program.
I'm not sure where they are in their process but they might be able to
provide a test bed on XOs.

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove