[Sugar-devel] Mesh

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 14 13:58:19 EDT 2009

Cecilia Abalde wrote:
> Hi,
> I have read a lots of documents which explains what kind of packages the
> mesh has got, for example, beacon, probe response, probe request, the ones
> for discovery the path.
> But i can't join all this information and understand how one XO can see
> another XO in its neighbourhood.
>
> I hope you can understand me and help me.

The connection you are looking for, between the wireless mesh network and
the graphical representation in the Neighborhood View, is the Presence
Service [1] and Telepathy-Salut [2].

These pages are in English, but we can help you with translation if
language is a problem.  This is a complicated subject, so please feel free
to ask more questions.

--Ben

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Presence_Service
[2] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Telepathy-salut