[Sugar-devel] Display a message when an activity fails to start

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Oct 13 13:45:22 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 18:34, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Happy to make a screencast.  What is the recommended technology/codec?

Walter posted a way to do screencasts some time ago in:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Current_Events/Archive/2009-05-27

And we have some page that seems to be a work in progress:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/How_to_make_screencasts_on_Sugar

And we also have an activity for doing screencasts that needs some updating:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Screencast

About the codec, I'm not sure but if you produce an .ogg you can
upload it to dailymotion and then watched on any Sugar version.

Thanks,

Tomeu

> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 03:14, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1447
>> > Would love to get some testing on the latest patch!  There was an
>> > occasional
>> > crash bug but it seems to be fixed now.
>> > Just make your activity fault during launch and see what happens.
>>
>> If the design team is ok with this I would like to merge it soon.
>> Wonder how we can give deployers a chance to give their opinion before
>> a substantial experience change such as this one gets into a release,
>> maybe the submitter can make a screencast?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tomeu
>>
>> --
>> «Sugar Labs is anyone who participates in improving and using Sugar.
>> What Sugar Labs does is determined by the participants.» - David
>> Farning

Farning