[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Re : Release Turtle Art-73

Carlo Falciola cfalciola at yahoo.it
Mon Oct 12 18:52:44 EDT 2009

Walter,
If I run the code you send me into a term activity I still get a en_US even after I switched to italiano in the Sugar control panel and I got some italian strings.
The same tests run in the Trisquel distro returns it_IT, but note that the trisquel installation (ubuntu-based) asked for setting  language at linux level too.
I used to run the soas image booting it into an empty VM (either vmware or VB) as instructions I read in the wiki. Then is possible that when I switch language in the sugar control panel and it requires to "restart" sugar, the language settings are saved only on the sugar side and not on linux locale...

I think that in the soas image we basically have an half-baked language switch in which the language setting is default english for the s.o. and italian for sugar.

 ciao

 carlo